The checkpoints below are a guideline to detect weak spots in your process, simply by analyzing just óne issue or problem.
To establish a stable and reliable process, for all relevant parameters those points have to be solved.
- Define a specific issue or problem
- Investigate and define the REAL needs of the customer (in respect of this issue)
- Define the desired output
- Define the parameters to judge the desired output
- Define the upper and lower limits for each of those parameters
- Describe how to measure/test/detect those values. (How can I see I am within spec?)
- Describe what conditions have to be met to keep those parameters within the limits
- Describe how to fulfill those conditions
- Design a VISUAL system to monitor the conditions AND the actual status of the parameters.
- Describe what to do when conditions or limits are not being met.
- Prove that all parties involved know about the above points and that they CAN act and stick to it.